Sunday 25 March 2012

Spring bag with a bow

Made for a friend who's crazy about pink colour, this bag is the perfect way to greet the spring. I used the same pattern as for the floral bag, with a few modifications. I omitted the gathered top of the bag, added a big bow, and made the strap wider. The inside of the bag has two separated compartments and two pockets for small articles such as phone, lip balm, hankies or keys. It closes with a zipper and it can be worn either in a hand, on a shoulder, or cross body. I used white findings and decorative buttons to keep the tender look of the bag, and added my label as well.



2 comments:

  1. Love the buttons. Such a cute detail!
    Do you paint your labels by hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I drew the logo on self-adhesive foil (freezer paper would be great too) and made it into a stencil with a crafting knife. I sticked the stencil on the ribbon and applied textile paint with a flat brush.

      Delete