Monday 30 May 2011

6/2011 Satin tie

A quick project I made for my dad using this pattern from Puking Pastilles. I never thought making a tie is so easy. Even sewing it by hand - suddenly the tie looked sooo long - went by so quickly. The instructions are well made. The only thing that bothers me is that the tie is a bit wide (just the widest part, not a whole tie), even for a guy. But that's not too difficult to correct. Just trim the long sides of the pattern and that's it. Or you could just use Osman tie pattern from BurdaStyle.


 Also, I was working on a special project last week. I'll unveil the secret very soon! ;)

1 comment:

  1. It's a delight to have found your blog through Sew Mama Sew. I look forward to being inspired. Your Dad's tie turned out well. Your other projects are amazing. I am a fan of Burda and won't miss a copy! Marvelous magazine. All the best on your sewing adventures , Lisanne xxx

    ReplyDelete